The GOVERNMENT MARKET MASTER™ (GMM) CERTIFICATE PROGRAM provides comprehensive best practices, processes and methodologies for gaining invaluable insight on how to develop and sustain meaningful business relationships with the Federal Government. Delivered by top government, business and thought leaders, the Capitol College-GMM program is specifically designed by Business-to-Government (B2G) experts to benefit executives, managers and professionals who seek to successfully target, engage, win and sustain business with the Federal Government.
Call Mark Amtower or email at 301 924 0058 email@example.com for registration information or group rates.
"Mark (Amtower) is the greatest. I have sent many of my marketing folks to his events. They all return inspired and smarter. He knows the industry and the market like no one else."
— Craig Abod, CEO, Carahsoft, Inc
Tues, Dec 11, 8AM-noon: (GMM 208): LinkedIn for Government Contractors
Federal government employees and managers are joining LinkedIn by the thousands and many of the government contractors are already here. LinkedIn is growing rapidly, yet most companies in the government market are not leveraging the power that it brings to the table. Learn how this tool can help your company stand out among your competitors and grow.
What you will learn:
- Why you need a LinkedIn strategy and how to create one
- How to create a LinkedIn profile that attracts the people you want to meet and raises your Google rank
- Developing a profile that attracts the right audience
- Making the "right connections" (contractors and government decision makers)
- Managing and communicating with your connections
- Establishing you/your company as a subject matter expert or “thought leader”
- Learn the tactics to stay “top of mind” in your niche and be recognized as a thought leader
- How to select and leverage the best groups to grow your business
- Which “apps” fit your strategy
- And much more!
From the basics of developing a great profile to targeting contracting partners; finding, joining
and leveraging the right groups: making you and your company stand out from the competition; learn the top tactics from LinkedIn Black Belt Mark Amtower. Investment: $495 (use code GMM when registering for a 20% discount). You must be registered to attend. Group rates available.
Wed, Dec 12: 8am-noon: PR for Small Government Contractors
Being written about in trade publications gives a company more credibility in their market. Some small businesses get press coverage but most do not. Join the ranks of those who know how to get PR and get noticed!
What you will learn:
- What is newsworthy? for you; for the market for you- something worth posting on the "news" page of your web site for the market- something that other people could find useful
- What are the elements of a news release for both platforms (internal and external use)
- Now that you have a release, who do you send it to?
- Is it worthwhile trying to "get to know' an editor or reporter?
- How do you determine which publications are germane?
- How do you know when you are ready for outside PR help?
- How do you determine which PR firm to use?
From the ground up, you will learn how to get on the radar of key media outlets, how to approach reporters and editors and more from industry PR veteran Bill Holleran, with guest speakers Nick Wakeman (editor, Washington Technology), Mark Amtower and Joyce Bosc (Boscobel). Investment: $495 (use code GMM when registering for a 20% discount). You must be registered to attend. Group rates available.
Wed, Dec 12 1pm-5pm: The Competitive Advantage: Market Research for Small Contractors
There are many sources for business intelligence in the government market and many of those are free. Those with the best information are in better positions to win business.
What you will learn:
– What’s Out There?
– Overview of Federal market databases: paid and free
– Key Terms – You need to know and understand
– Government sources: SAM, FBO, FPDS, Defense-Link and more
– Commercial sources: GovWin, Deltek (FIS/Input), Bgov, Fedmine and others
– What creates an “opportunity”?
– Agency web sites
– Understanding and using the data
Industry veteran Anton (Toby) Reut will show you how to find the information you need to develop a competitive advantage. Investment: $495 (use code GMM when registering for a 20% discount). You must be registered to attend. Group rates available.
Call Mark Amtower or email at 301 924 0058 firstname.lastname@example.org for registration information.
Coming in January 2013
(GMM 201) B2G “Go-to-Market” Strategy, Planning and Execution
(GMM 215) Business Development: Strategy, Planning and Execution
(GMM 230) Simplified Acquisitions
(GMM 100) Government Marketing Best Practices
(GMM 208): LinkedIn for Government Contractors
More GMM 2013 sessions tba